American Idol Betting Odds: when will you American Idol fans start listening?

Everyone snickered a month ago when there were still 8 singers in contention for the coveted American Idol crown and at 18-1, I must have been the only person in the world that suggested you plunk down so hard earned cash on Elliot Yamin. Yesterday highly touted publications were predicting the demise of my main man.

I mean even one of my own employer’s followed up my so called perceived ridiculous statement, with a rebuttal from another writer. Hey, to each his own and it’s like I am bang on with every one of my predictions.

Let’s turn the clock back to April 14, 2006:

AT 18-1 ELLIOT YANIN WILL SHOCK THE WORLD!

Okay I admit I have hit rock bottom as I am about to write an article on American Idol, but on the flip side, you have to admit, this show has power! I have in this competition sat on my couch with my wife who loves the show and in this particular competition have seen the contestants twice. The first time I saw Elliot Yamin sing he was doing a Stevie Wonder tune called ‘If You Really Love Me” and I said then and there that the competition was over.

This guy blew the competition out of the water and even Simon had to admit the guy has the chops. This past week I watched the competition and it was the show with the “Queen “theme and this is not an easy group to imitate. I was stunned they did the voting and he was placed in the bottom three which meant there was a chance he would get eliminated. BS I cried out to my wife, but then it call hit me like a ton of bricks, the guy is short and ugly and the superficial callers, could not get past this issue.

I can't be the only one to notice that Elliott Yamin has the worst teeth on American Idol. But could his dental dilemma be due to diabetes and not poor hygiene?

But Elliott's teeth aren't the only unusual feature on the 27 year-old contestant from Richmond, Virginia. His Abe Lincoln-style sideburns make him look like a cross between an Amish farmer and street gangster. And sometimes he even looks like a leprechaun cautiously coveting his pot of gold.

But seriously, Elliott can use his weirdo/outsider/creepy look to his advantage. Think about it - if his confidence continues to grow (and it should if Simon keeps stroking Elliott's ego), he could be the unlikely long-shot that is the next American Idol.

American Idol sells the sizzle that anyone can win this competition and what better way then to select a Diabetes sufferer from a poverty stricken family to be the next winner. Believe me folks American Idol will by the show Extreme Makeover and send Yamin there and he will come out looking by Brad Pitt.

I gave you the White Sox, I gave you Mickleson and now you have an 18-1 longshot!

Now I don’t want to come across as some pompous you know what, but this whole American Idol is no different them betting on pro sports. The Phoenix Suns were buried by the public after game 5 of their series against Lakers and everyone was talking about the great Kobe and Phil Jackson for coach of the year.

After game 7 it was all Steve Nash and his posse. The Suns then took apart the Clippers in game one and everyone was talking about all the unsung heroes on the Phoenix team. I warned you that the spread of Suns -4 ½ was too low, but the guys with all the money in Vegas, knew that betting is 90% public perception. The Clippers mauled the Suns last night!

American Idol attracts millions of viewers and wants to continue that trend. They sell the American Dream that anything is possible, plus they want controversy at the water cooler the next day!

Elliott Yamin is the Steve Nash of American Idol that suggests that it is alright to “Dare to Dream”!

0 comments:

Post a Comment